Sunday, October 19, 2008

Knight Moves at Hamilton Quads October 18, 2008

Here is a game , I just played at Hamilton Chess Club Quads on October 18, 2008 in round three with Robert C. current USCF rating for him is 1397 and climbing. I have played him three times before and only won once.

In this game, instead of looking for resources and counter play after a he moved his bishop setting up a fork between my Knight and Queen, I panic like a deer staring into headlights of an onmoving car.

Lesson learn today , look for counter play and resources even when under tacital attack. I used Fritz 8 that was given to me by Atomic Patzer to analyse some possible counterplay ,which is in this Chess Flash playing diagram.

I am not stating that Black can win or even draw this game , but there was definitely counterplay as shown by Fritz 8. Diamondback

Just click on the move variations after the chess board is opened, and the move variations will highlight in red, continue to click on the variations to play the analysis.

http://diamondbackchess.blogspot.com/CmnDmdBck.pgn


Also posted below are two more quad games that were played by Jim L. and Dion C. against Scott A. in Quad rated at 1400 USCF.

Game comments are by Scott A. who played both opponents.

AndrLxtch.pgn


CllgnAndr.pgn

No comments:

Post a Comment