Tuesday, July 7, 2009

2009 World Open Miniatures

Here are two world open miniatures that caught my eye thru a link on
" The Kenilworthian". That link is to Lubomir Kavalek's chess column with full analysis of both of these miniatures.


Also here are my links to some of the 2009 World Open chess games that I have posted in my chess blog during the 2009 World Open. I attended only as a spectator to the Grand Master games on Saturday July 4, 2009 and Sunday , July 5, 2009.

Mikhalevski and Nakamura Tied For First After Seven Rounds


World Open 2009 Final Results


Just a side comment:


I've always found the World Open a bit odd. Multiple schedules, re-entries allowed and so forth. So what to make of Hikaru Nakamura's tournament? Turns up one day plays 5 g/45 minute games to get in contention, plays two proper games the following day (quick draw and a win), then takes two half point byes in the final two rounds to share first place and is already flying to Donostia before the tournament ends. I guess my main reaction is "What kind of tournament is this?"



World Open 2009 Miniatures






No comments:

Post a Comment