Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Humbling Experience at NJ Championship

Here is a game that I played in Round 2 of the 2008 New Jersey Championship in the under 1600 section with Carlo. I played Carlo before in the 2008 Memorial Day NJ Individual Amateur East championship in the under 1400 section and he resigned with a strong postion so I knew he can play well when he turns it on.

An interesting side note this kid starts sixth grade in a few days and I know he will be a strong player in a two or three years.

Perhaps when I traded my strong central knight for a passive bishop was the beginning of the end, I will let you be the judge on where I started to self destruct in the middle game.

Atomic Patzer is always telling me " study tactics as much as you can "

Atomic Patzer

I think I will start opening my ears to this advice after this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment